Rifle Metro Pool Closed for the Season
RIFLE, CO (August 1, 2023) –
Due to extensive damage resulting from a suspected lightning strike, Rifle Metro Pool will be closed for the remainder of the season. According to Parks and Recreation Director Austin Rickstrew, repairs will not be made in time to finish out the season.
The pool was originally scheduled to close on September 4th.
Rifle Parks and Recreation staff will be processing prorated refunds for those who were enrolled in Session Four swimming lessons. Any individuals with pre-purchased tickets for one of the swim sessions will also receive a full refund. Anyone with questions or concerns may call the Recreation office at 970-665-6574.
Rifle Parks and Recreation Staff would like to thank everyone who participated in programs and patronized the pool this summer.
1718 Railroad Avenue
Rifle, CO 81650
For off-season information, call the recreation office at 970-665-6574
Rifle Metro Pool is located on the corner of Railroad Avenue and 18th Street. Construction of the new Rifle Metro Pool started in August of 2019 and expected completion in May of 2020. The original pool was built in 1969 with the waterslide and other upgrades added in 1993. Formally known as the Art Dague Pool and Waterslide was operated by the Rifle Metropolitan Park District until 2006, when the Penny Sales Tax was passed and the site was given to the City.
Full Service Concession Stand
Family Changing Rooms
Lockers for rent/use
Zero Entry Pool
6 Lap Lanes
Rock Climbing Wall
27 Foot Tall Waterslide
Rifle Metro Pool can be reserved for private parties. Contact the pool directly at 665-6571 to reserve.
- No running allowed on deck
- Shower before entering the pool
- Food must be kept at tables away from pools
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN THE POOL!
- No glass anywhere in the facility
- No smoking
- Children under 5 years old must have an adult actively involved with them within arms reach at all times
- All swimmers are subject to a swim test that is given at a lifeguard's discretion. Results of the swim test may restrict a swimmer from certain areas or require closer adult supervision
- Obey the lifeguards
- Only 1 person allowed on a diving board at a time
- Only 1 bounce allowed on the diving board
- Life jackets or goggles are not allowed in the deep end of the pool
- Hanging from diving board is not allowed
- No catching people off the diving board (the only requirement to go off the diving board is that the participant must be able to get to the wall and out of the water completely independently)
- Must be 42 inches tall to use the waterslide
- Goggles or flotation devices are not allowed on the waterslide
- Only one person allowed on the waterslide at a time
- Slide riders must remain feet first and face up at all times
- No catching people off the slide or diving boards
- The catch pool and diving well must be exited immediately
No refund will be issued in the event of a pool closure due to thunder or lightning, regardless of time spent swimming. Sight or sound of lightning or thunder or a strike indicator indicating lightning within 6 miles will result in a pool closure for 30 minutes from the last sighting. The facility will close for the remainder of the day if the sightings persist for 2 hours.
Multiple Use Passes
All passes are non-refundable and good for only the season in which they are purchased.