The City of Rifle would like to keep our citizens up to date with local information regarding COVID-19 to help keep you safe and provide you with details regarding Local activities, events, and services.
Updated: July 23 @ 10:30am - #30
INDEX OF CATEGORIES, (along with highlighted topics)
( ✔ = NEW / UPDATED information/topics)
- Changes to City of Rifle Activities & Services
- ✔ (UPDATED) City Recreation Activities (Cheatin’ Woodchuck Chase is going virtual)
- Notable Changes to the Community of Rifle
- ✔ (UPDATED) Governor Polis mask order
- ✔ (UPDATED) Rifle Branch Library Resumed Normal Business Hours
- ✔ (NEW) Eagle, Garfield & Pitkin regional testing strategies
- Rifle City Manager - Community video update regarding COVID-19
- ✔ (NEW) Vol. #15 from July 21, 2020
- Local Resources for Citizens
- ✔ (NEW) DOLA Emergency Rental Assistance
- Business Resources for Economic Changes
- Other Helpful Local Information
- Referrals to Credible Sources
• Changes to the City of Rifle’s activities & services:
The City is following all guidelines dictated by Garfield County and the Garfield County Health Department. The City of Rifle will continue to be available and working for you throughout the duration of this event. However, some activities, events, and services have been canceled or modified. Please see below.
- ✔ (UPDATED) City Recreation Activities - The 2020 Cheatin’ Woodchuck Chase is going virtual this year! See the City Parks and Recreation pages for details. Money raised goes to support the Sunlight Winter Sports Bus. It will run from August 1st thru August 9th. Cost is $20 and $5 per additional family member. Register by July 30th by calling Rifle Recreation 970-665-6570 or online at www.rifleco.org. Use a race app such as RunKeeper or similar application to track distance and time.
Choose 5 Miles or 2.3 Miles.
- City Working to Reopen Offices - The City is currently working on a plan which will enable us to fully reopen to the public. We don’t have a set date yet since we need to make sure that all required safety protocols are in place. Staff is still available to answer your questions by phone or email. If you need assistance, please call the department you are trying to reach or 665-6400.
- Core City Services - All core City services, including (but not limited to) Water, Wastewater, Police/Public Safety, Trash, Operations & Maintenance, and Public Works will continue to remain fully operational. The City and its staff are committed to serving you, our citizens, to the greatest extent possible. Staff is available to assist by phone or email. See www.rifleco.org/directory for a department phone list.
- Rifle Metro Pool opening - Due to special protocols that have been established in light of the COVID pandemic, the process will be a bit different this year.
- There will be no walk-ins.
- Tickets for the different sessions must be purchased ahead of time at utetheater.simpletix.com. All individuals must purchase tickets regardless of age.
- This schedule will allow staff to limit the number of people and also establish sanitation routines. Please be considerate of others and don’t hoard the time slots so everyone will have a chance. The building will be completely cleared between sessions including all persons and all belongings.
- City Parks/Playgrounds - Playgrounds and picnic areas are reopened. Please read the new signage. Splash pads are still waiting for approval from the state or county to open.
- City Buildings - All City of Rifle buildings are closed to the public until further notice. Although face to face interactions are not possible at this time, the staff is available to assist you by phone or email. Please contact the department that you are trying to reach directly. www.rifleco.org/directory
- Ute Theater - All events at the Ute Theater have been temporarily suspended. Please check their website or Facebook for updates. utetheater.com or fb.com/NewUteEventsCenter/
- City Council meetings - Utilizing electronic meeting technologies, Rifle City Council and many other board meetings are still being held at the regular meeting dates & times. Citizens can participate with City Council, either electronically by using the link provided in the Meeting agenda/packet, or by emailing their comments to CitizenComments@RifleCO.org up to two hours before the meeting start time (please, include your mailing address for the record).
- Municipal Court - Rifle Municipal Court is operating with normal business hours. Court dates will be handled in person and you are expected to appear. Masks are required and social distancing must be maintained. If you are not comfortable appearing in person or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please call the court to arrange to have your case handled by phone.
- Utilities & Court Payments Options - Payment drop boxes are available for both court payments and utilities. The boxes for utility payments or other finance department payments are located outside of City Hall near the alley to the north of the building. Payments may also be made online at www.rifleco.org/138/Utility-Billing. Although there is not an online option for payments to Rifle Municipal Court, payments can be made by credit card by calling the court at 970-665-6420. The court also has a dropbox located right next to the main entrance of the Justice Center, 201 East 18th Street.
- Seniors Center & Meal Program - Due to the fact that seniors have been identified as a particularly vulnerable population, all senior activities and events have been canceled. The Garfield County Senior Meal Program is now offering meals at the following locations as a takeout option. Seniors can pick up their lunch at the meal site where their reservations were made. Reservations must be made for all pickup sites by noon the previous day by calling 970-665-6549. The senior meal program is for seniors 60 years and older.
|Rifle||Tuesday, Thursday, Friday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
|New Castle||Monday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
|Silt||Wednesday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
|Parachute||Wednesday||12:00 - 12:30 pickup|
• Notable Changes to the Rifle Community:
- ✔ (UPDATED) Governor Polis mask order - the Governor issued a mask order for the entire State of Colorado. Anyone over 10 years old must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when entering or within any public indoor space. The order is currently in effect for at least 30 days.
- SAFER AT HOME FAST FACTS:
- Critical businesses are still open.
- Non-critical businesses will be open with restrictions.
- Stay at home as much as possible.
- Practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask or face covering when you leave your house.
- Connect with neighbors and loved ones virtually.
- ✔ (UPDATED) Rifle Branch Library Resumed Normal Business Hours - Rifle Branch of the Garfield County library resumed normal business this past Monday. Of course, restrictions required these days will apply such as limiting the number of people and mask requirements, but you can once again browse for books and use the computers.
- ✔ (NEW) Eagle, Garfield & Pitkin regional testing strategies - Public health departments in Eagle, Garfield, and Pitkin counties are coordinating their regional testing strategies for COVID-19. A regional testing strategy will focus on resources to decrease disease burden while supporting the needs of local communities. Testing is being recommended for: people with symptoms, people at high risk, and if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Garfield County Open Business Campaign - Garfield County has coined a new motto: “More Masks, More Distance, More Business”. The County is really stressing to citizens the importance of wearing masks so that we can lower our infection rate and hopefully qualify for even more easing of restrictions and facilitate the reopening of the economy.
- Increase in the number of COVID-19 cases the past few weeks in Garfield - Garfield County has seen a significant increase in the number of COVID-19 cases over the past few weeks. This uptick may threaten our variance. The Health Department is still recommending that citizens wear masks when out in public and continue to practice physical distancing and good hygiene. Let’s remain vigilant.
- Rifle Farmers’ Market - The Farmer’s Market begins next week but will be online only this year. Please go to https://riflefarmersmarket.com/ for information on ordering and pickup. The Farmer’s Market concerts will also be streamed live from the UTE on Friday Nights. Enjoy our local bands from wherever you are!
- Garfield County received a Safer at Home Variance - This allowed the following businesses to reopen at 50%: Restaurants, Houses of Worship, Fitness facilities, Gyms, Recreation areas, and outfitters. See: https://garfieldcounty.net/garfield-county-receives-safer-at-home-variance/
- Community Yard Sales - Yes, Rifle Citizens can hold a yard sale, but with a few restrictions. Limit the number of people to no more than 10 at any given time. Maintain social distancing.
- Volunteers Needed for Lift-Up - Lift-up is still accepting non-perishable food items. They can be dropped off at the RIFLE FAIRGROUNDS Monday through Friday between 10:00 and 4:00 or during food distribution times. They are also seeking volunteers. You must call 970-456-2804 to register to be a volunteer. You will not be allowed to volunteer if you have not pre-registered.
• Rifle City Manager, Scott Hahn - Community video updates regarding COVID-19:
- ✔ (NEW) Vol. #14 - July 14, 2020:
- ✔ (NEW) Vol. #14 - July 14, 2020:
Versiones en español
- ✔ (NUEVO) Aviso #14 - July 14, 2020:
- ✔ (NUEVO) Aviso #14 - July 14, 2020:
• Local Resources for Citizens:
• Business Resources for Economic Changes:
This is an unprecedented time for the business community. We recognize the economic impacts this event is having on our businesses and their employees. Continuing our efforts to communicate as much information and resources, the following are business-specific resources:
- City of Rifle - Temporary Business Modifications Program - The City of Rifle has adopted a temporary business modifications program. The City of Rifle will work closely with businesses to provide flexibility to help them operate during the pandemic. In particular, we will temporarily relax some regulations, such as the parking code, so that restaurants and other businesses may expand outdoor service areas. For questions and to submit your outdoor dining (or other modifications) site plan, contact Nathan Lindquist, Planning Director/Assistant City Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 665-6499
- City of Rifle - Restaurant Facility Modification Loan Program - The current COVID-19 pandemic has required the State of Colorado to institute strict operating guidelines for restaurants and, in order to follow these guidelines, many restaurants will need to implement a variety of interior and exterior modifications to their facilities. Restaurants will also be required to implement strict cleaning and operating procedures as well as other measures to ensure the safety of customers. This loan program is designed to help Rifle restaurants offset the costs of meeting the new requirements. Visit: https://www.rifleco.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=328
- Rifle Regional Economic Development Corporation - RREDC is a local non-profit organization focused on advancing economic strategies in the Colorado River Valley to drive the development of a diverse and sustainable economy. Please contact Katie Mackley at 970-625-4202 or email@example.com with questions. http://rifleedc.com/
- Garfield County - Garfield County has compiled resources available for both businesses and employees who are experience disruption due to COVIC-19 https://www.garfield-county.com/economic-development/economic-impacts-covid-19/
- The Colorado COVID Relief Fund - The Fund’s purpose is to raise and coordinate the allocation of funds based on prevention, impact and recovery needs of community-based organizations in Colorado. This Fund is organized to ensure that the most acute community needs across the state are being addressed and that community voice is reflected in all funding decisions made over time https://covrn.com/covid-relief-fund/#fund
• Other Helpful Local Information:
- Mental Health & Emotional Support - SUPPORT HOTLINE Mind Springs Health has launched a mental health support line, Monday- Friday 8 am-5 pm. www.mindspringshealth.org, (877) 519-7505
- Immigrant Services
- Daily Life & Coping - Learn how you can plan, prepare, and cope with stress before and during a COVID-19 outbreak. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/index.html
- 2•1•1, Resources Available For You - Call 211 or visit www.211colorado.org. 2•1•1 Colorado is a confidential and multilingual service connecting people across the State of Colorado virtual resources in the local community. One central location where people can access over 7,500 health and human services resources.
- Regional Hotline for COVID-19 - 970-429-6186. Making sure that you have all the resources necessary regarding the COVID-19 virus. The regional hotline hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- myColorado Mobile App - The State of Colorado announced new features in the myColorado mobile app to support Governor Polis’ order to stay at home. Read more by clicking here.
- GarCo Public Health Launches Two New Self-Report Tools for COVID-19. We now have two survey documents available for self-reporting in our community. The first document is only for people experiencing COVID-like symptoms (such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath). The second is a form for everyone in the community, with or without symptoms, to report on the status of your mental health, isolation and social distancing practices. We want to hear from you! https://www.garfield-county.com/public-health/covid-19-testing/
- Technology Tips To Stay Safe - The City of Rifle Information Technology Department would also like to pass on tips to keep in mind while using your computers during this unusual time. There are numerous scams relating to COVID-19 involving malware, hoaxes, and fraud which are designed to play upon your sense of urgency in obtaining answers. Follow the same computer safety procedures that you were practicing prior to this situation. Do not click on unknown or questionable sites. The official sites for Garfield County, the State of Colorado and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are safe, reliable sources of information. The City of Rifle website (rifleco.org) and social media pages will be continually updated with the latest links.
- Advice from your City water department - The water and wastewater treatment plants are fully functioning and will remain fully operational even if some City offices need to be closed or staff size reduced. There is no need to stock up on bottled water. It is important to note, however, that we are starting to see flushable wipes at the wastewater plant. Even though they say flushable, they are not sewer-plant friendly. If this continues or increases, it may cause problems. Please dispose of all wipes in the trash, not the toilet.
• For more information, please refer to these credible sources:
For updated information on all City matters, please go to our website, www.rifleco.org or our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Media Contact: Kathy Pototsky, 970-319-8288