The City of Rifle is pleased to announce that it is the recipient of the Garfield County Federal Mineral Lease District (GCFMLD) 2017 Grantee of the Year Award. This distinction includes a $10,000 award that the City can spend on anything as long as it fits within the mission of the District.
There are five factors which the GCFMLD Board and District staff used to select Rifle as the winner:
- Alignment with the District’s mission and the Federal Mineral Lease District Act;
- Quality of the projects(s);
- Quality of the application(s);
- Timeliness of project completion(s); and
- Compliance with program rules and guidelines.
In 2017, the City applied for and received funds for diverse grants including the West Fifth Street reconstruction, Mobil Data Terminals for the Police Department and funds to purchase two additional message boards. In total, the City received over $400,000 in grants from GCFMLD last year and 4.8 million since 2012.
The City of Rifle is grateful to the GCFMLD Board for this honor and is currently considering ways to utilize the award.