300 West 5th Street
Centennial Park is a work in progress. The park is located on Rifle Creek Trail between 3rd street and 9th street. We have received a Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) Regional Outdoor Recreation Facility Grant in the amount of $750,000. We also have received a $500,000 grant from the Department of Local Affairs (DoLA). Garfield County has donated $200,000 towards the project. Other supporters of project are:
- Schmueser Gordon Meyer (in-kind engineering)
- Bookcliff Survey Services, Inc. (in-kind survey)
- Rifle Economic Development Corporation
- Rifle Historical Society
- Rifle Senior Center Advisory Board
- Rifle Area Chamber of Commerce
- Rifle Community Foundation
- Grand River Hospital District
- Lower Valley Trails Group
- Colorado Mountain College
- Open Space
- Picnic Shelters
- Spray park
- Opens Memorial Day weekend.
- The Spray park stays open through Labor Day Monday, but watch for updates. We may extend the closing by one week depending on weather.
- Spray park Hours:
10am — 6pm
- Depending on circumstances the feature may stay open later on nights of special events at Centennial Park.
8 A.M. to 10 P.M.
No loud music
No skateboards, skates or similar devices
Dispose of trash properly
Do not move safety barriers or flags
No digging staking or marking turf
Reservations at picnic shelter have priority
Reservations can be made by calling 970-665-6574