Residential Building Information

Residential Remodels

If you don't know if a permit is required or not on a project, or need any help, please give the City of Rifle Building Department a call at 970-665-6461. 

Residential Application
Permits are required for the work typically involved with a residential remodel project, including but not limited to:

  • Demolition, new walls (whether structural or not), heating, plumbing, decks, covered decks, re-roofs, fences, hot water heaters, furnaces, AC/swamp coolers, fireplaces, wood stoves, gas fireplaces, and sprinkler systems.

Residential New Construction

Residential Application
A new home or new addition to a home requires a complete set of plans as listed on the application.