need make no statement. Anything you say can and may be used against
2. You have the right to be represented by an attorney. This will be at your own expense. The Court will not appoint an attorney to represent you for traffic infraction cases.
3. The Court will explain the nature of the traffic infraction alleged against you in the summons and complaint.
4. The Court will explain the penalty and court fees that may be assessed against you and the possible traffic penalty points that may be levied against your driver's license.
5. Any admission of guilt or liability in this case must be voluntary and not the result of undue influence or coercion on the part of anyone.
6. If you elect to deny guilt or liability, this Court will set a date for a trial by the Court. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY FOR TRAFFIC INFRACTION TICKETS.
7. You are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty by proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
8. You have the right to testify, subpoena witnesses, present evidence, and cross examine any witnesses called by the City Prosecutor.
9. A plea of guilty or an admission of liability constitute a voluntary decision by you to give up both your rights as listed above and the right to appeal.
10. If you fail to appear at any hearing, the Court shall enter a judgment against you. The amount of the judgment shall be the amount of the penalty assessment plus a default fee of $30.00 and court costs of $30.00. The judgment will be forwarded to the Department of Motor Vehicles where points and other sanctions may be assessed against your driving privileges.
11. Continued failure to appear in court may result in the issuance of a bench warrant along with additional costs.