- ➤ City Government
- City Clerk Office
- Liquor Licensing
- Corporation, LLC, & Partnership Changes
Corporation, LLC, & Partnership Changes
Change of Officers or OwnersBefore a liquor license is issued to a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership, the City of Rifle conducts a background investigation on individuals associated with the applicant to make sure those individuals are of good moral character.
Those associated individuals are all general partners of a partnership, and limited partners owning 10% (or more) of a partnership; all officers and directors of a corporation, and stockholders of a corporation owning 10% (or more) of the stock of such corporation; and all limited liability company managing members, and officers or other limited liability company members with a 10% (or more) ownership interest in such company.
Therefore, whenever any of those individuals are replaced by other persons, the licensee must report those changes within 30 days of the change.
Application InformationA Report of Changes - Corporation, Limited Liability Company, and Partnership (PDF) consists of the following items:
- Report of Changes - Corporation, Limited Liability Company, and Partnership, including all items on the checklist on page 2 of the application
- The following documents completed by each new person in one of the following positions: general partner of a partnership, or limited partner owning 10% (or more) of a partnership; officer or director of a corporation, or stockholder of a corporation owning 10% (or more) of the stock of such corporation; limited liability company managing member, or officer or other limited liability company member with a 10% (or more) ownership interest in such company:
- Individual History Record
- Affidavit - Restrictions on Public Benefits
- City of Rifle Fingerprint, Background Check, & Disclosure Notice
- Affidavit Concerning Criminal History
- Fingerprints submitted to the Rifle Police Department
- City fees of $100 for each new associated individual
Application ProcessThe application process includes the following steps:
- Preliminary conference with City Clerk
- Completion and submission of application forms by applicant
- Review of documents for completeness by staff
- Background investigation by staff
- Review of results of background investigation by staff
- Decision by City Council (in most cases, no public hearing is required)
- Submission of application to state by City Clerk
- State approval
- Notification to licensee by City Clerk of approval of changes
The process generally takes 3 to 4 months. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk.