- City Services
- Public Safety
- Police Department
- Records Division
Welcome to the Rifle Police Department Records Division
Here you can obtain various law enforcement-related records.
How to obtain Police Records:
- Records Division Staff are available at the Rifle Police Department between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- To obtain these records complete a records request form (at the Police Department, or at the linked document below) and present picture identification.
- Please email requests to email@example.com.
- It may take up to three days to receive these reports.
- There is a fee of $15 for records requests 0.25 cents per page for reports.
Application for Release/Inspection of Criminal Justice Record
- If a prosecution is pending in a County Court, please contact the:
- 9th Judicial District Attorney — 970-945-8635
- If a prosecution is pending in the Rifle Municipal Court, please contact:
- City Prosecutor Timothy Graves -- 970-665-6426
What can I ask for under the FOIA?
A FOIA request can be made for any agency record. You can also specify the format in which you wish to receive the records (for example, printed or electronic form). The FOIA does not require agencies to create new records or to conduct research, analyze data, or answer questions when responding to requests.
- Accident reports can be obtained after 10 days of the reported accident.
- You will need the date of the accident and the case number and the last name of an involved party.
- If you have any issues obtaining a report, please contact the Records Division at 970-665-6500
- Crash Report Request
How to get your fingerprints taken:
- Contact IdentoGO to make an appointment to be fingerprinted.
- IdentoGO: www.identogo.com
- Appointment Scheduling Website: uenroll.identogo.com
- Phone: (844) 539-5539 (toll-free)
- The Colorado Applicant Background Services (CABS) is the name of the statewide vendor serviced applicant fingerprint-based background check program contracted by the State of Colorado and overseen by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and is being implemented in response to Senate Bill 17-189. For more information about the CABS program, you may visit the CBI Employment Background Check page. Frequently Asked Questions
Sex Offender Registration
- Registration is available at the Rifle Police Department between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding holidays (list of City Holidays).
- No appointment is necessary.